A new club. A new stand
Opened in June of 1892, the ornate new £600 grandstand provided seating for 300 spectators and some covered standing room also.
The first grand stand was designed by William Pitt and funded partly through debentures insued to the Club's new members. The ornate stand also provided cramped player facilities in it's undercroft.
Made from timber, the stand was relocated from it's orginal position on the corner of Abbott and Lulie street, to the Turner and Lulie Street corner when the Members Stand was constructed in 1909.
This grandstand stood for 60 seasons until it was eventually demolished in 1951.